Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review of NB Minimus 10 - Updated

I had posted a review of the New Balance Minimus 10 last July (2013), in which I'd noted that it was generally a good shoe but had this particular stitching design that created a hot spot, particularly at the top outside of my left foot. That problem, I just want to update, went away after some weeks of running. As I'd indicated at the time, for me, the NBM is no longer a minimal shoe (as advertised), and I do definitely favor the latter kind (e.g., Vibram). But, as I'd also indicated, the NBM would be good for really long runs and races and for trail running. Since the hot spot problem resolved itself, I've run one marathon (MCM in October 2013) and numerous long runs in the NBM. One thing I didn't note in my earlier post, because I'd not yet worn the shoe long enough, is that the sole material wears out fairly quickly. This seems like something on which New Balance could improve. I'm already having to use Shoe Goo to keep up with the wear.


Overall, though, I would still consider the NBM in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment